Flockmen are a wonderful tool for creating artworks of every color and style. Try using one as a stamp in this simple stamping artwork activity.
What you need:
- 5+ Flockmen (depending on how many colors you use)
- Art paper
- Poster paints
- Artist’s palette or recycled plastic lid
- Water in a jar
- 5 x hair ties or plastic bands
- Plastic film wrap
- Old newspaper
- Art smock
- A clean, flat surface such as a table top
- Place newspaper on a table to cover the surface, and set up your art supplies on the table
- Take a single Flockmen and cover it completely with plastic wrap, pulling tight so one surface can be used as a stamp. You can tie it with a hair tie (which acts as a sort of ‘handle’).
- Pour/squeeze the paint onto the palette and spread out with the paintbrush to make an ‘ink pad’ large enough to dip the Flockmen in
- Dip the plastic covered Flockmen in face down, and place on the blank sheet of paper like a stamp.
- Continue stamping with various colours (you can cover multiple Flockmen with plastic film wrap so you don’t have to keep swapping for different colors)
- Be as creative as you like, and let inspiration flow!
We’d love to see the artwork you create with Flockmen! Share your creations with us on Facebook and Instagram: #flockmenchallenge
Get open-ended possibility into your hands