#9 Let’s Play Picasso
Flockmen are a lovely tint of honey-colored timber, but they look great with a bold splash of color too!
Just keep in mind that once painted, they’ll stay that way forever as paint usually stains wood even if it is water soluble (can be washed off later).
What you need:
- 16+ Flockmen
- Poster paints that are water soluble, water jar, paintbrushes and paint smock
- Old newspapers to cover the table
- A clean, flat surface such as a table top
This is open-ended creative play. There are no rules, but here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- Paint ‘clothes’ on your Flockmen
- Before you paint, think about concept art, and how you could use bold splashes of colour to build a tower that becomes its own work of art.
- How can you use Flockmen as stamps or tools for artmaking?
- Flockmen tesselate imperfectly (ie. there are some gaps, but they fit together like puzzle pieces). Can you create art around this tessellation?
We’d love to see what you make, budding Picasso! Share your creations with us on Facebook and Instagram: #flockmenchallenge
Get open-ended possibility into your hands